Centre Congregational Church
United Church of Christ
We Welcome Everyone: An “Open & Affirming” Church
Phone: (781) 334-3050; Fax: (781) 334-6463; Email:
5 Summer Street, Lynnfield, Massachusetts 01940
Centre Church Green Team
This page details some of Centre Church's Creation Justice initiatives and is a repository of educational resources about climate change as well as tips on how we can all Reduce, Reuse and Recycle.
For Earth Month 2022, we'll be flying our Earth Tree flag on the corner of the 1832 Chapel.
2022 "Earth Matters" video discussions
We've learned a lot in the last two years about how pandemic can effect best laid plans. We learned how to move our 2020 in-person soup & climate-concern movie nights at the church to online viewing and discussions. That led to celebrating Earth Month 2021 with a series of short videos for discussion in our weekly Zoom Fellowships. Now we're back to in-person Fellowship (and even snacks!) but still like the Zoom format sometimes. To celebrate Earth Month 2022, we'll combine much of what we've learned: you're invited to Zoom Fellowship on April 10 and May 8 (Mother's Day). We hope to talk a bit about the following videos and webinars. Please register for the Zoom offereings or check out the Naadam videos before these Sundays.
- Naadam: makers of the sustainably sourced $75 Mongolian cashmere sweater.
- Thu. April 7, 7pm by Zoom: Equal Exchange Export Manager Santiago Paz Lopez of Coop Norandino in Peru on “Coffee, COVID & Climate”. He will share the current reality for coffee farmers who have endured the pandemic as well as ongoing challenges with climate crisis. Register here
- Sat. Apr 23, 10:30am: UCC Zoom Webinar “The Faith of Prophets: Lessons for the Climate Crisis”. Register here
2022 Farming Volunteer opportunities
- Sat. Apr 9, 10a-12pm: We’ve secured 5 spots to work the garden at Newhall Fields Community Farm which is partnering with Haven From Hunger to provide locally grown fresh produce for those who are food insecure. Contact Linda Ladd to join us for this workday.
- Boston Area Gleaners Group or individual opportunities
Town of Lynnfield Green Initiatives
Centre Church Earth Month 2021: video discussion series, "Shred, Reduce, Reuse, Recycle" Event 4/3/2021
Boston Globe panel discussion: Talking to Your Kids About Climate Change (Panelist Patrick Belmonte is co-founder of Change is Simple, which we supported with our shredding event)
Spring Cleaning/Recycling Tip Sheets:
Where to Donate Guide,
Drop Box Items and Locations,
Mission of Deeds Donation Guidelines ,
7 tips to recycle better
Organizations working to protect and restore the planet:
Items with reduced or plastic-free packaging:
Tips from the Sierra Club: Twelve ways to Halt Climate Change